Domestic Violence and Abuse

For help and advice please visit Northamptonshire Domestic Abuse Service  or Sunflower Centre.

You can also call 0808 2000247 or visit the National Domestic Abuse Helpline website.

There is also information available for help during the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic.


domestic violence


What If I Can't Talk On The Phone?

If you're deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, you can text 18000.

If you're in an emergency situation and have called 999 but are unable to speak over the phone, press 55 on your keypad when prompted. This will tell the operator that you need help but are unable to talk.

The emergency services will sometimes be able to identify your location. However, they won't always be able to attend silent 999 calls if they don't have sufficient information on your location.


Information For Male Victims 

Male Refuge Information