How to make an appointment during the Coronavirus pandemic
We are currently operating differently in order to protect our patients and staff but we are still here for any medical concerns you may have. Please see details below:
If you require an appointment there are a number of telephone triage slots released each day online which can be booked via patient access or you can call 01280 704 122
Please note as we have a telephone triage system in place if you ring to book, you will be asked more questions regarding the reason for needing an appointment if you book online, please put the reason for the appointment if you can as this will assist us greatly.
- Please don't delay in contacting us if you have any worrying symptoms. We are here to help. Click Here to watch a video that may help.
- The front door is now open for those who have an appointment and we have an intercom system in place for collections/other queries.
- Please DO NOT visit the Practice unless absolutely necessary or if you have been asked to attend for an appointment.
- If you have an appointment, please enter the building, sign in using the self-check-in screen and then make your way to the waiting room. Please ensure that you use the hand sanitisers provided and that you maintain social distancing.
- Please be aware that we are operating a one-way system. This is clearly signposted throughout the Practice.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment time and not early- this is to allow us to manage the footfall in the Practice and keep it to a minimum. Patient and staff safety is our priority.
- Please be aware that we are experiencing high volumes of calls and queries. The team is working tirelessly in order get through these as quickly as possible but we politely ask that you please bear with us if things take longer than usual.
We are grateful for your support and understanding during these most unprecedented times.